Pages

Thứ Hai, 30 tháng 9, 2013

Should I Move to a New Division or a New Company?

Should I Move to a New Division or a New Company?


You’re working in a position you don’t like and know you won’t last long. There’s an opening at another division you think you’ll enjoy, but it requires a cross-country move. Your other choice is to stay where you are and look for work at a new company. Have any advice for a fellow reader?


Rip Torn writes:



I have been at the same company for three years and in the same role for just over a year. I enjoyed it at first—lots of travel, interesting and challenging projects, and good people to work with. Over time, my new team changed focus and are trying to find our way and get jerked around by management. I find myself disliking my job more and more and know it’s just a matter of time before I plan on leaving.


Somebody from another division of the company said if I was ever looking for a change, he has a position he’ll make for me and I just have to give him the word. I’d be doing things I like with people I have enjoyed working with in the past. It would be challenging, more involved, and have a better long-term opportunities.


Here’s the kicker. I just moved cross-country less than three weeks ago, and this opportunity would have me move back. I’m not sure what to do – I’m a bit intimidated trying to market my skills at other companies out here.


At the end of the day I’m not passionate about what my company does, but the best day of work I’ve had is doing things I’ll be doing every day if I take this opportunity.



Have some advice for Rip Torn? Post it below!


Do you have a problem that needs solving and want help from the Lifehacker community? Email us at tips+wyp@lifehacker.com and we might post it. The best questions are broad enough to apply to other people and have many possible answers (so that you can get lots of opinions from your fellow readers). If you have a question that’s specific to you or only has a single solution, send an email to tips@lifehacker.com instead.



Should I Move to a New Division or a New Company?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét